Sunday, May 22, 2011
US and THEM
I believe as a follower of Christ I must fight against the separation of us and them. It can begin with my doctrine or theology or moral code. I begin to "tie the ends up" and begin to think I know who is in (us) and who is out (them). Maybe not overtly but subtly I believe I have God figured out and I know the method in which to find Him. And if you are not finding Him the way I believe, you are them and we are us. When in truth Jesus taught us to pray Our Father. No one group does or will ever have God figured out (He is pretty big). An us and them attitude will produce pride and limit our ability to accurately represent who He really is. LOVE!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment